[Coral-List] REMINDER Please participate in coral and seagrass research and monitoring methods questionnaire

Chris Roelfsema c.roelfsema at uq.edu.au
Fri May 5 03:37:42 EDT 2006

Dear Coral List Members

Here a reminder for you to participate in my survey. If you participated
already, many thanks and please discard this email.

I want to ask you to participate in a survey to understand why and how
monitoring and management of tropical marine environments using field and/or
remote sensing data is conducted.  I therefore would like anybody who
conducts research and or monitors these environments to participate in this
survey. This work is part of my PhD project at the University of Queensland,
Australia.

Survey background and goal

The goals of this survey are to determine for tropical marine environments:

*         why monitoring is currently taking place;

*         what type of monitoring information is currently collected for;
and

*         the extent to which remotely sensed data are used in this process
or integrated with field data collection programs.

The survey results will give a better understanding of how field and remote
sensing programs can be integrated for understanding and conserving tropical
marine environments.

If you do not use remotely sensed data or if you are not involved in
monitoring but conduct research, I would still like to hear from you.
However, if you are not the best person to respond, please pass this on.

If you want to participate please complete the questionary (download:
http://www.gpa.uq.edu.au/CRSSIS/rem_sen/) and return to me by email or fax.

The survey will take 15 minutes of your time and I would appreciate it if
you can complete the survey by 15 May 2006.

If you want more detail about how the survey is managed and its ethical
commitments please read the last page of this document

If you have any questions about the survey please contact me at the
address/numbers below.

Thanks for your time.

Chris Roelfsema

Centre for Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Science

School of Geography, Planning and Architecture

University of Queensland

St Lucia, Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA

Ph. 61 7 3365 6529 Fax. 61 7 3365 6899

e.mail. c.roelfsema at uq.edu.au