[Coral-List] weird bleaching in baja

Keven Reed reedkc at comcast.net
Sat May 13 10:58:19 EDT 2006

Dear Todd,
    In your response to Hector on 11 May:
"some rules of thumb, such as not moving a coral more than 10 shallower in a
single stage....but in reality you can do more at deeper depths, and less
very shallow water so it is best to use a light meter to determine your step
increments. ).  [Note: This limitation is only when going from lower light
intensities to higher light intensities and when moving coral species within
the depth and lighting intensity ranges for that particular species].",

what were the units you implied, but I believe omitted, after the number ten?  distance (meters) or light intensity units from your light meter?
Thanks,
Keven

Keven Reed, O.D.
Naval Optometrist