[Coral-List] Lower Keys ooids

Martin Moe martin_moe at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 20:11:22 EDT 2006

Dear Gene,
I'll be more than happy to send you a sample of the
sand, I'll send a container with wet sand and a
container with air dried sand. I won't sieve or wash
the samples so you can see everything that I collect.
Of course I have no idea if the sand is composed of
true ooids or Halimeda sands, but it will be
interesting to find out. I didn't take a sample today,
the tide was high this afternoon (full moon) and a
stiff west wind was kicking up two foot waves. I would
have gotten cold and wet... I guess I'm getting soft
in my old age.

Martin