[Coral-List] obituary for John H. Perry, Jr.

Mike Jankulak Mike.Jankulak at noaa.gov
Fri May 19 12:00:04 EDT 2006

I thought I'd forward a link to an obituary of John Holliday Perry Jr.
Among other things, he is credited with having a hand in the program
that led to the formation of NOAA:

"At one time, he was a member of a 15-man commission appointed by
President Lyndon Johnson to prepare a national ocean program that led to
the formation of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/content/local_news/epaper/2006/05/18/m1a_PERRY_OBIT_0518.html

We in the ICON/CREWS program know of him because of the Perry Institute
for Marine Sciences (formerly CMRC), our longtime collaborators in the
Bahamas.

regards,
Mike J+

--
Mike Jankulak, Research Associate, University of Miami / CIMAS
   NOAA / Atlantic Oceanographic Meteorological Laboratory