[Coral-List] responses on "Coral Tumors?????"

Greta Smith Aeby greta at hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 1 15:51:26 EST 2006

Shashank,

  Hi!  We have seen similar growth anomalies on corals from American Samoa.  We have found that Acropora growth anomalies
occur in different forms with some types of GAs increasing in #s on individual colonies with others staying stable through time.
So don't worry about a lot of spread as yet.  We (Thierry Work, Steve Coles and myself) are currently finishing up a manuscript
that describes the different types of acroporid GAs including their histological description and some ecology of the disease.
We'd be happy to send you a copy of the ms when its completed.  I'm glad to hear that you will be following this disease
through time and will be very interested to hear what you find.

take care,

Greta Aeby
HIMB