[Coral-List] Graduate studies opportunity

Peter Alan, Todd dbspat at nus.edu.sg
Thu Oct 12 02:01:30 EDT 2006

Dear Coral List,

We are looking for one or two graduate students to study giant clam
(Tridacna squamosa) ecology and behaviour here in Singapore. Projects
include morphological plasticity, function of colours/patterns, and
defense mechanisms; but other proposals will be considered. Projects can
be conducted in aquaria, on our local reefs, or both.

The Department of Biological Sciences at the National University of
Singapore (NUS) awards Research Scholarships (i.e. a stipend) to strong
candidates. Minimum requirements are a good Honours degree or equivalent
and good GRE or GATE scores. Please visit the graduate studies pages at
the NUS website (http://www.nus.edu.sg/ and
http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/prospective/graduate/application.htm)
for more details. For the August 2007 intake (the earliest, and
preferred, starting date) the online application form must be completed
and sent by 15th November, 2006. If you do not have all your results
yet, they can be sent separately a little later.

Please contact us directly if you have any further enquiries about the
projects. We will encourage the right candidate to apply for an NUS
Research Scholarship. If you are successful, we will provide lab space
and funding for your research.

Best regards,

Dr Peter Todd and Prof. Chou Loke Ming

Peter Todd PhD
Marine Biology Laboratory, National University of Singapore,
14, Science Drive 4, Blk S1, #02-05, Singapore 117543.
Tel: 68741034 Fax: 67792486