[Coral-List] update on coral growth anamolies (tumors??)

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 17:56:48 EST 2006

Dear all
When the photos that I posted on my website were taken...only 3 colonies of Acropora sp. were seen with those growth anamolies at our sampling site....

We do not know about the adjacent site...or to extent at which it will spread..or will it spread at all...

We will be going again after 2 weeks to check for the spread if any...or it might have been some freak incident!!
will keep you updated
Hoping for the best....

Regards
shashank

"the role of infinitely small in nature is infinitely large"-Louis Pasteur

Keshavmurthy Shashank
phD candidate
Kochi University, Graduate School of Kuroshio Science
Laboratory of Environmental Conservation
Otsu 200, Monobe, Nankoku-shi
783-8502, Kochi, Japan
alt. id: shashank at cc.kochi-u.ac.jp
phone: 81 080 3925 3889