[Coral-List] Charting the Course for Ocean Science in the United States....

J. Michael Nolan mnolan at rainforestandreef.org
Sat Sep 2 07:17:28 EDT 2006

>From another list and apologies for any cross postings.

Mike Nolan

PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Charting the Course for Ocean Science in the United States:  Research
Priorities for the Next Decade

The public comment period is now OPEN for Charting the Course for
Ocean Science in the United States: Research Priorities for the Next
Decade, a draft document that outlines the national ocean research
priorities for the United States for the next ten years. All
interested parties are encouraged to review the document and provide
input during this 45 day public comment period (scheduled to close
October 20, 2006).

http://ocean.ceq.gov/about/sup_jsost_public_comment.html

Called for in the U.S. Ocean Action Plan and developed by the Joint
Subcommittee on Ocean Science and Technology, this draft document,
along with a follow-on Implementation Strategy, will describe a
vision for U.S. ocean science and technology, highlight key areas of
interaction of our society and the ocean, and identify critical ocean
research priorities for these areas.

Public briefings on the national ocean research priorities are being
held throughout the country over the next few months. Town hall
meetings and panels will also be held at several conferences. A list
of public briefings and meetings with venue details is located at:

http://ocean.ceq.gov/about/sup_jsost_orpp_outreach.html

Members from the research community, ocean educators, government
representatives (federal, state, tribal, and local), industry groups,
international representatives, non-governmental organizations, and
any interested individuals are invited provide comments and attend
the briefings.

For more information, contact:
Shelby E. Walker, JSOST Project Manager
USGCRP/CCSP Office, 1717 Pennsylvania Ave., Suite 250, Washington, DC  20006
T:202-419-3464; F:202-223-3064; e-mail:swalker at usgcrp.gov

Call weekdays, evenings and weekends. Leave your phone number/best time to
return your call and/or your e-mail address if we are on another line or
away from our phones.

Sincerely,

J. Michael Nolan, Director

Rainforest and Reef 501 (c)(3) non-profit

"Outstanding-Affordable Field Courses in Rainforest & Marine Ecology"

"Spanish Immersion offered in Mexico, Costa Rica,
Nicaragua, Panama, Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru"
Web: http://iwanttolearnspanish.org (being updated for 07)

U.S. Office:
Rainforest and Reef 501 (c)(3) non-profit
P.O. Box 141543
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49514-1543 USA
Phone: 1.616.604.0546
Toll Free: 1.877.255.3721
Skype Phone: mikenolan1
Live Chat and Phone MS Live Messenger: mnolan_1 at hotmail.com
Live Chat AOL: buddythemacaw
E-mail: mnolan at rainforestandreef.org or info at rainforestandreef.org
Web: http://www.rainforestandreef.org

Latin America Office:
P.O. Box 850-1150
San José, Costa Rica, Central America
Att: Juan Pablo Bello C.
Program Director, Latin America
Phone: 011.506.290.8883/011.506.822.8222 (Cell)/Fax: 011.506.290.8883
E-mail: juanpablobello at rainforestandreef.org