[Coral-List] Vital effect

Clare c.white at gl.rhul.ac.uk
Tue Sep 19 09:35:22 EDT 2006

Dear List,
I am working on some Eocene Acropora from the Hampshire and Paris basins
for my masters and particularly the paleoclimatic imformtion i can get
from their preserved aragonite skeletons.  I have just got my carbon and
oxygen results back and was andering how to make a 'vital effect'
correction? I know this can be effected down to species levels but as i
have abraded small fragments i wandered if there was a general
correction i could apply on genus level?
Many thanks
Clare White