[Coral-List] Leptogorgia virgulata

Malcolm Hill mhill2 at richmond.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:10:01 EDT 2006

This is a posting for Sarah Abboud (sarah.abboud at richmond.edu):

I am an undergraduate at the University of Richmond and am currently
enrolled in a GIS course. The major project of this course is to gather
information of personal interest and use GIS to create a final descriptive
map. I am currently doing research with Leptogorgia virgulata and would like
to create a map of this species' distribution. I am depending on experts in
marine systems to help me gather the most material possible about this
octocoral. Based on my research, there have been five major colors described
(red, orange, yellow, purple, and white), but not much is known of the
relative distributions of these morphs. I am looking for information on the
coordinates (Lat/Long) of populations that you may have observed, and, if
possible, what colors are present at each location. If you have any
information that you would be willing to provide regarding this subject, I
would be very grateful. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sarah Abboud
Department of Biology; University of Richmond; Richmond VA 23173
sarah.abboud at richmond.edu