[Coral-List] Areas of Potential Bleaching in Caribbean

Steven Miller smiller at gate.net
Tue Sep 26 17:27:17 EDT 2006

Why don't we coral-listers start using the word "heating" instead of
warming, as suggested by James Lovelock and probably others too.  It's a
simple change that better describes the negative consequences of the
phenomenon.  Warming sounds like a good thing.  Heating, maybe not.

Mark, maybe you can get NOAA to adopt this terminology?

Regards,

Steven