[Coral-List] Encyclopedia of Marine Mammals....free

J. Michael Nolan mnolan at rainforestandreef.org
Wed Sep 27 07:30:48 EDT 2006

The Office of Marine Programs (OMP) at the University of Rhode Island is offering 18 teachers free copies of the awesome Encyclopedia of Marine Mammals ($150 value).

OMP is the creator of the Discovery of Sound in the Sea web site (http://www.dosits.org) and associated CD-ROM that is free to teachers. Currently we are conducting a needs assessment to determine how these resources could better serve K-12 students and teachers.

Teachers who are familiar with DOSITS and who have used the resources are being invited to fill out an on-line survey that will provide feedback to OMP on what may be needed for future expansion of the site.

If you would like to participate in the survey from October 6 -13, 2006, please e-mail Gail Scowcroft at gailscow at gso.uri.edu. Please include a couple of sentences describing the classes you teach and how you have used the DOSITS web site and/or CD-ROM in the past.

Thank you!

Gail Scowcroft                              Office:  401-874-6724
Associate Director                 FAX:     401-874-6486
Office of Marine Programs
University of Rhode Island
South Ferry Rd.
Narragansett, RI 02882

Call weekdays, evenings and weekends. Leave your phone number/best time to return your call and/or your e-mail address if we are on another line or away from our phones.

Sincerely,

J. Michael Nolan, Director

Rainforest and Reef 501 (c)(3) non-profit

"Outstanding-Affordable Field Courses in Rainforest & Marine Ecology"

"Spanish Immersion offered in Mexico, Costa Rica,
Nicaragua, Panama, Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru"
Web: http://iwanttolearnspanish.org (being updated for 07)

U.S. Office:
Rainforest and Reef 501 (c)(3) non-profit
P.O. Box 141543
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49514-1543 USA
Phone: 1.616.604.0546
Toll Free: 1.877.255.3721
Skype Phone: mikenolan1
Live Chat and Phone MS Live Messenger: mnolan_1 at hotmail.com
Live Chat AOL: buddythemacaw
E-mail: mnolan at rainforestandreef.org or info at rainforestandreef.org
Web: http://www.rainforestandreef.org

Latin America Office:
P.O. Box 850-1150
San José, Costa Rica, Central America
Att: Juan Pablo Bello C.
Program Director, Latin America
Phone: 011.506.290.8883/011.506.822.8222 (Cell)/Fax: 011.506.290.8883
E-mail: juanpablobello at rainforestandreef.org