[Coral-List] Heron Island Research Station

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 5 12:21:24 EDT 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Heron Island Research Station
Date: 	Thu, 05 Apr 2007 08:42:54 -0600
From: 	Joan Kleypas <kleypas at ucar.edu>
To: 	Jim Hendee <Jim.Hendee at noaa.gov>

Hi Jim:

I don't know if the rest of the list knows about this yet, but last
week, the Heron Island Research Station burned down.  I've had a few
email exchanges with Ove.  He is quite the leader and handling the
situation well, but it goes without saying that this is not only a big
hit to the Heron Island research projects, but to the heroic staff that
risked their lives in their efforts to contain the fire, only to watch
their homes be destroyed.  If this has not yet been posted to the list,
I recommend sending the following link out to our colleagues:

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/2007/404/2

all the best, j

J. Kleypas
Inst. for Study of Society and Environment
PO Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000
PH: 303.497.8111
FX: 303.497.8125