[Coral-List] coral bleaching in Ishigaki Is., Okinawa, Japan

佐藤 崇範 TAKANORI_SATO at env.go.jp
Mon Aug 6 08:13:17 EDT 2007

Dear Coral-list,

Coral bleaching is observed in Ishigaki Is. since late July.
High SST(>30C) has continued around the southwest Ryukyu archipelago
this summer.
SST is measured at 35 degree C at the most affected area of bleaching
(shallow lagoon) in the daytime.

We at International Coal Reef Research and Monitoring Center
have started collecting information on coral bleaching
from various researchers and divers in Japan.
We will release this information through our website soon
 (Sorry, in Japanese only).

http://www.coremoc.go.jp/

Sincerely,
Takanori