[Coral-List] LARVAE STAINING

Andrei Salcedo G andrei670 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 01:32:24 EDT 2007

greatings to all listers.

I am now carring on a study on the population dynamics of the brooding species manicina areolata in colombian Caribbean. i want to estimate de reproductive effort through larvae counting. i have been searching the web for methods of staining, but i have no data. the problem is that all the methods are too complex beacuse of the equipment they use and that is stuff we dont have in our lab; otherwise the methods referred in the articles take me to books we rather have. i am looking for a method for simple staining useful for microscopic observations of larvae and gamets.thank you again for your help.

the list will have notice of the results when they are ready.

ANDREI SALCEDO GREBECHOV
Dendrobates; Sociedad de Turismo Biológico
Turismo y Ciencia
SOCIO FUNDADOR
Biólogo universidad Javeriana Colombia