[Coral-List] thesis on corals

DAN BIELTZ dragon25fire at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 12:11:51 EDT 2007

To all coral list members,

  Hello, my name is Dan Bieltz and I am a graduate student at Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA USA.  I am conducting my MS thesis on the coral species P. damicornis and plan to do a metal analysis on the coral skeleton and tissues using ICP-MS.  I was wondering if anyone had some insight on a protocol to follow in relation to preparation.  I found some journal articles but they usually are studies on toxic metals within the coral skeletons and require vigorous procedures.  Thank you for your time all.

  Dan Bieltz
  Chatham University
  Pittsburgh, PA
  (330) 261-3327