[Coral-List] PAR sensor/logger (Andrew Trevor-Jones)

atj777 at attglobal.net atj777 at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 22 17:57:27 EDT 2007

Ruby,

This question was asked a year or so ago on the list and one great
option was a logger from Data Flow Systems in New Zealand:

http://www.odysseydatarecording.com/odyssey_productsview.php?key=6

I purchased one and it works very well.  It is submersible to
20 metres.  I have taken mine to 30 metres without a problem.

The only drawback with the logger is that it floats.  This means
you will need to build something to hold it down.  For mine, I used
PVC piping and then attached a weight to the base.

Here is a photograph of the logger at Steve's Bommie on the GBR
showing the PVC holder and weight:

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/Logger_Steves07.jpg

Andrew.