[Coral-List] Mystery Event - (Abemama and Nonouti)

Larry at OpenDoorWorld.com Larry at OpenDoorWorld.com
Sat Aug 25 19:22:28 EDT 2007

(Abemama and Nonouti)
Causes not likely:

> >>These atolls are tectonically stable
> >> far from any active plate boundaries

> >> thousands of kilometers from any significant land mass with surface run off.

> >> both of the islands have small populations who live a traditional
> >> subsistence lifestyle (few vehicle's, no electricity or reticulated water,

> >> few imported products, no intensive agriculture, etc) in relatively pristine

> >> Any advice, assistance, comments are welcome.

OK, i find this conversation interesting,
        however i am not a scientist...
        so this is just my 2 cents worth..  :-)

Considering the location, (Abemama and Nonouti) are near
an intersection of opposing conveyer currents, could it be that
the deeper upwelling currents, swept further upwards along
the underwater mountainside of the islands are carrying the
heavier toxic chemicals, pcb's/pbde's, etc., (dumped daily
by industry) and now possibly circulating in the deepest
parts of the our ocean conveyor belt currents, since these
would be heavier than ocean water and not readily soluble
in water, however, these known toxins are readily accumulated
in the food chain.

Larry

http://OpenDoorWorld.com

Also.. there may be a PCB link to the 300% increase in Autism in the USA.