[Coral-List] American Samoa moving towards complete protection ofbig fishes

Douglas Fenner dfenner at blueskynet.as
Thu Aug 30 05:35:47 EDT 2007

I'd like to add that Maloy Sabater and Ben Carroll are our fish experts here
in DMWR, and that their agreement was the final critical step necessary for
the protection of these rare fish in American Samoa to be announced.  Peter
Craig and Ali Green were the first I know of to express concern over the big
fish, and that was what got me started on it.  Important data that
contributed to the decision was collected and analyzed by all of the above,
plus Dick Wass and Leslie Whalen.  Congratulations to each and every one for
their vital, indeed critical contributions.  Maloy is supported by FedAid
for Sportsfish Restoration, and Ben by our NOAA Coral Reef Monitoring grant.
    -Doug