[Coral-List] Enquiry on Caribbean Cliona

Blue Water Volunteers bluewatervolunteers at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 15:32:55 EST 2007

Dear listers,

  I'm studying sponge-coral interactions as part of my Masters thesis at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. I've done a literature and web search for information regarding the reproductive patterns of  Cliona sponges, but have not found much with regards to the Caribbean species, which I'm working on. I'll like to ask if anyone has any observations (anecdotal or otherwise) of the spawning periods of Caribbean Cliona, and whether Cliona spp. tend to be oviparous or viviparous spawners. Any information would be very useful, and much appreciated!

  Please direct any responses to my email at tl7275 at uncw.edu. Thank you all very much for your time.

  Best regards,
  Tse-Lynn Loh

  M.S Marine Biology Student