[Coral-List] Underwater Drill

John Cubit John.Cubit at noaa.gov
Fri Feb 23 15:55:00 EST 2007

For drilling holes (not cores) in hard substrata, rotary hammer drills
are much faster than plain rotary drills. There are pneumatic versions.
Google for more info.

aj.martignette at comcast.net wrote:
> I have to drill some holes in pilings for large bolts that will be used to mount water quality sensors. I would like to avoid having to drill them with a hand drill. I know that you can use a pneumatic drill hooked up to a scuba tank. I was wondering if anyone had details on a setup they use and any modifications that are needed to the drill.
>
> Thanks
>
> A.J. Martignette
> Research Assistant
> Marine Laboratory
> Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation
> 900A Tarpon Bay Rd.
> Sanibel, Fl 33957

John Cubit, Ph.D.
Regional Resource Coordinator, Southwest Region
NOAA Assessment and Restoration Division, Suite 4470
501 W. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802

John.Cubit at noaa.com
tel 562 980-4081
fax 562 980-4084

Cell phone (for urgent matters and travel contact) 562 810-4949