[Coral-List] Induced mineral accretion

Thomas Goreau goreau at bestweb.net
Mon Jul 16 12:47:37 EDT 2007

Estimado Tomas Lopez Londono,

All enquiries on Biorock Mineral Accretion technology should  be sent
to me (goreau at bestweb.net) or to Wolf Hilbertz
(hilbertz at emirates.net.ae, but soon due to change). Please note that
we are out of reach in the field most of the time, and often can't
respond promptly.

We are always ready to help those seriously trying to protect or
restore their corals, even though there is no funding whatsoever to
do so thanks to the official attitude of governments, funding
agencies, conservation groups, and the "establishment" research
community that coral reefs are "resilient" ecosystems that will just
bounce back all by themselves with no effort on our part.

As a result it is primarily small local groups that we find it worth
working with, people who remember how their reefs used to be and
realize that they must start growing more corals themselves NOW, and
not waste more time hoping for trickle down for more bogus top-down
"solutions" peddled by those who are getting all the big funding for
"saving" reefs.

Buena suerte! Estamos listo trabajar conjuntos si hay fundos para
iniciar proyectos. Tenemos muchos proyectos y competencia en su
vecino, y mi segundo pais, Panama.

Saludos,
Thomas Joaquin Goreau Arango

Thomas J. Goreau, PhD