[Coral-List] sea wasps

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:44:36 EDT 2007

Eugene Kaplan's 1982 Peterson Field Guide "Coral Reefs: Caribbean and
Florida" mentions that although the sea wasps in the Caribbean are generally
less virulent than their Indo-Pacific relatives, they compound problems by
travelling in schools -- thus exposing people to stings from multiple
animals. He also indicates that they often tend to stay in deeper waters
during the day, rising to shallow waters at night.

Cheers!

John