[Coral-List] Position Announcement
EAugusto at fieldstudies.org
Mon Jul 23 16:24:07 EDT 2007
Resident Lecturer in Marine Resource Management
Center for Marine Resource Studies
Turks & Caicos Islands
Position Summary: The core functions of this residential field position
are to teach critical, local environmental issues based on a
challenging, problem-based, interdisciplinary curriculum and lead
designated components of the Center's Five-Year Research Plan and as
part of this, oversee and advise the student Directed Research projects
that relate to these research lines.
Educational Requirements: Ph.D. and university-level teaching experience
in Marine Resource Management, Stock Assessment, Tropical Fisheries
Management, or related field.
* Extensive field research experience, preferably in the fields of
Fishery Management, Marine Protected Areas, Marine Policy Formulation
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary
teaching and research team
* Solid track record of research publications
* Solid track record of grant writing success
* Certified SCUBA diver, Divemaster highly preferred
* Work with Coral Biology and Ecology
* Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with small
* Demonstrated commitment to environmental issues
* Residential student group management and risk management
experience highly desirable
* Current first aid/CPR certification
* Willingness to work flexible hours and live on-site at the field
station with a small team of permanent staff, groups of U.S.
undergraduate students, and visiting researchers or programs, and
participate in all center activities.
* Represent SFS at local and international conferences.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Salary ranges from $26,000 USD to $29,000 USD depending on
experience and qualifications, plus excellent benefits, and on-site room
TO APPLY: Email a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience
to: The School for Field Studies at jobs at fieldstudies.org
or hard copies will be accepted. SFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The School For Field Studies
10 Federal Street, Suite 24
Salem, MA 01970 USA
eaugusto at fieldstudies.org
More information about the Coral-List