[Coral-List] Lobbyin Congress for Coral Conservation

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 24 08:40:28 EDT 2007

Greetings,

    There have been some attempts (e.g., "Scientists and
Conservationists Call on Congress to Renew a Strengthened Coral Reef
Conservation Act") to post a message calling on subscribers to write to
Congress and support the Coral Reef Conservation Amendments Act of 2007
(HR 1205).  I must remind you that I am not allowed to utilize U.S. tax
dollars that support Coral-List to be used directly or indirectly to
lobby Congress, no matter how well intentioned the cause may be to us.
Therefore, if you're interested in this sort of thing, you'll just have
to conduct a search on your own to find avenues for helping the cause.

    Cheers,
    Jim