[Coral-List] Ove's blogg

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 26 08:14:40 EDT 2007

I would agree with Gene!

As moderator of this list, I try to allow some marginal posts now and
then, asking myself "does this have anything to do with coral reef
ecosystems," or does it address the bulleted list of topics at,

Now, obviously climate change is of big concern to many coral
scientists, but I would hate to see the argument drift into a general
climate change debate, with no or little direct relevance to, say, coral
calcification issues.  If you look back at Ove's original posting, at

    http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/2007-July/004570.html

you will see that in fact he listed a URL where you can join the debate,
no doubt with Gene's same considerations in mind.

So, don't be surprised if your comment to Coral-List goes into the
dumpster if it's not directly related to coral ecosystems!

    Moderatingly yours,
    Jim