[Coral-List] Temperature Loggers

Alexandra Barron alexandra.barron at banyantree.com
Mon Jun 4 01:09:37 EDT 2007

Hi List,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who sent information and advice
regarding temperature loggers. I know a few of you were keen to receive a
breakdown/evaluation of everything I was told - I received a great many
emails with advice and information and unfortunately I don't have time to go
through and make an evaluation in detail.

However, in brief - noone raised any major issues with Hobo temp loggers -
other than they don't measure light intensity too well underwater because of
fouling. The fact that most units have to be returned to the manufacturer to
have the battery changed was raised by  some, although just about everyone
mentioned that the battery life is considerable (up to 5 years). Hobo temp
seemed to be the most economical option. I was also recommended the Vemco
system, which seems to be very similar but a little more pricey.

I apologise if in that (extremely brief) outline/summary - I have neglected
to mention anyone's points in particular. When I have time (which will not
be soon, sorry) I will try to go through all the emails and detail all the
information.

Thanks again,

Lex
Alexandra Barron
Manager, Marine Lab

< }}}><

Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, N Male' Atoll, Maldives
Tel. (960) 664 31 47
Fax. (960) 664 38 43
Email. alexandra.barron at banyantree.com
Web. www.banyantree.com

 <http://www.banyantree.com/hotdeals/madivaru.htm>

"This message is confidential and intended for recipient(s) named here.
If you are not an intended recipient for this message, please forward
this back to the sender then delete this message from your system. For
clarification or assistance, please call +960 664 3147"