[Coral-List] Reef Images Needed

Peter Caron pedpete at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 08:02:04 EDT 2007

Listers,

We are a recreational dive centre on the east coast of peninsula Malaysia.
We are introducing a free, twice weekly educational presentation to
introduce the local marine life to tourists and heighten our concerns about
the rapidly degrading coral reef ecosystems.

We have a shortage of imagery.  Are any listers able to provide digital
pictures (or short movies) to include into a projected powerpoint show?
Files can be emailed to images at watercolours.com.my

Credit can be given to those contributing.  I also welcome pointers to any
online databases providing quality imagery?  Images on the web tend to be
too small and low-res for our needs.

Images/small movies needed:

CORALS

Hard

Soft

Bleached

Damaged

Spawning

WRASSE:

Humphead Wrasse Cheilinus undulates

TRIGGERFISH:

Titan  Balistoides viridescens

And one more of either:

Yellow margin Pseudobalistes flavimarginatus

Pinktail Melicthys vidua

BUTTERFLYFISH CHAETODONTIDAE:

Orange-Banded Coradoin chrysozonus

Copper-Banded Chelmon rostratus

Eight-Banded Chaetodon octofasciatus

Blackcap Chaetodon wiebeli

ANGELFISH POMACANTHIDAE:

Vermiculated Chaetodontoplus mesdecus

Blue-ringed Pomacanthus annularis

Emperor Pomacanthus imperator

Six-banded Pomacanthus sexstriatus

GROUPER SERRANIDAE:

Brown-Marbled Epinephelus fuscoguttatus

And two or three of any of the following:

Slender Anyperodon leucogrammicus

Peacock Cephalopholis argus

Blue spotted Cephalopholis cyanostigma

Chocolate Cephalopholis boenak

Bluelined Cephalopholis formosa

Freckled Cephalopholis microprion

Coral Rock Epinephelus corallicola

Longfin Epinephelus quoyanus

Duskytail Epinephelus bleekeri

Blacktip Epinephelus fasciatus

Squaretail Coral Plectropomus areolatus

Spotted Coral Plectropomus maculatus

PARROTFISH SCARIDAE:

Bumphead Bolbometopon muricatum

And two or three of any of the following:

Swarthy Scarus niger

Bridled Scarus frenatus

Blue-barred Scarus ghobban

Bullethead Chlorurus sordidus

Steephead Chlorurus microrhinos

Rainbow Scarus forsteni

Quoy's Scarus quoyi

SHARKS:

Blacktip Reef (Atelomycterus marmoratus)

Grey/Brown Bamboo (Chiloscyllium griseum)

Coral Cat (Atelomycterus marmoratus)

ANEMONEFISH:

Saddleback Anemonefish (Amphriprion polymnus)

False Clown Anemonefish(Amphriprion ocellaris)

Pink Anemonefish (Amphrioprion perideraion)

Clark's Anemonefish (Amphrioprion clarkii)

Tomato Anemonefish (Amphriprion frenatus)

INVERTS:

Crown of Thorns (Acanthaster planci)

Drupella snail (D. cornus and D. robusta)

REPTILES:

Green Turtle (Chelonia mydas)

Hawksbill Turtle (Eretmochelys imbricata)

Many thanks in anticipation.

Peter Caron