[Coral-List] Mass crab spawning in Pacific?

tawake_a at usp.ac.fj tawake_a at usp.ac.fj
Sun Mar 11 05:43:17 EDT 2007

Hi Ellen,
Mass land crab (lairo -local name) spawning is happening also in Fiji, usually at spring
high tides at dusk.  Its happening but not as spectacular as christmas Island.

Many thanks

 Alifereti Tawake, Asst. Project Manager- LMMA, Institute of Applied Science,
 Faculty of Science and Technology, University of the South Pacific, P.O Box 1168, Suva, FIJI.
 Tel: 679-3232974, 679-3592732, 679-3391339 (H), 9216122(mbl)
 Fax: 679-323 1534, website: http//www.usp.ac.fj/ias
   And	 'Kedra Sasalu Tawamudu na noda Kawa- Fish for the Future'
 Locally Managed Marine Area (LMMA) Network Project Liaison Officer (Fiji & Asia-Pac)
 LMMA NCT member, visit www.lmmanetwork.org