[Coral-List] Reef Check's Declaration of Reef Rights

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Thu Mar 15 08:19:55 EDT 2007

I think people may be over reacting, this is a fairly simple issue.  For
example at the Reef Ball Foundation we have a large set of internal ethics
for handling corals but at the end there is a small disclaimer that says,
"except in the case of bona fide research being overseen by a principle
investigator where scientific practices and principles shall dictate"

I don't think the intent of Reef Check's declarations is to take away
scientific ability to study or work with corals.  If it is really a sticking
point then perhaps a similar "disclaimer" could be added.

Thanks,

Todd R. Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation
3305 Edwards Court,
Greenville, NC 27858
941-720-7549 Cell
252-353-9094 Direct
Skype Toddbarber or Skype In (252) 557-1047, United States (+1)
MSN messenger reefball at hotmail.com
reefball at reefball.com (email address)