[Coral-List] determining growth

McGill.Cheryl at epamail.epa.gov McGill.Cheryl at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Mar 21 14:50:08 EDT 2007

We are looking into a rapid, non-invasive, lab-based method to determine
growth on both plate and branching corals. The neutral buoyancy method
does not work well with the small size of our nubbins. We are looking into
photogrammetry as a means to determine growth. I have a few references
that use photography but was wondering if there are any other methods
available or if anyone could provide any helpful tips.

Regards,
Cheryl McGill
Biologist
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Gulf Ecology Division
1 Sabine Island Dr.
Gulf Breeze, FL 32561