[Coral-List] The Great Global Warming Swindle

Phil Dustan dustanp at cofc.edu
Mon Mar 26 08:26:20 EDT 2007

Hey Listers,
	I've watched this discussion unfold and keep thinking that no matter
who is correct, it would be prudent to invoke the precautionary
principle and work towards reducing the potential that humans might,
just might, have a role in climate change.
	The wars of the last century, including the ongoing, predicted-to-be
long drawn out war on terror will look like a birthday party compared to
the ravages of  of a hotter planet's climate system. And don't forget
about the costs- they will completely overwhelm our economic system.
Just look at what a few inconveniently placed hurricanes can do in a few
days time.
	Global bleaching, melting glaciers, acidified seas, etc are just a
prelude. Even if 2000+ scientists are totally wrong, wouldn't it make
some sense to deal with the issue as best we can instead of putting our
heads in the sand?
			Have a great day,
				Phil

Phillip Dustan  Ph.D.