[Coral-List] threats to coral from seismic testing

Tom Williams ctwiliams at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 11:35:30 EDT 2007

Tim and others
Seismic exclusion zones are to eliminate any other
noise sources or reflective surfaces...also to
eliminate any sources of objections or liability.
They also recognize that divers in the water, along
with dolphins, etc. are sensitive to minor changes in
water pressure on our ears, we tap on our tanks and
whales sing. A wave passing over a shallow reef gives
more turbulence and pressure change than a seismic
pinger but it is longer duration.

The seismic would not be the problem, If they are
doing seismic, maybe within three-five years you will
see the rigs come in.

Tom Williams