[Coral-List] Silt removal continued

K C keriath_jearim at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 10:47:52 EDT 2007

Dear Listers,

Let me be more specific, the site is located on the leeward side of an island in the Bahamas. The large rocks block access to deep water and i would like to remove some making a path of sorts. The reefs themselves are quite some distance off and I would like to know if they will be affected by silt. The closest reefs are patch reefs which here seem to be rocks themselves with very little of anything, but occasional fish seem to inhabit them. Getting a consultant company out to this island is highly unlikely due to distance and possibly unnecessary as we were going to attempt to move most of the rocks by hand.

Kim