[Coral-List] Job Announcement: NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program Communications Specialist
steven.thur at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 30 15:26:51 EST 2007
NOAA's Coral Reef Conservation Program is recruiting for a
Communications and Outreach Specialist. This position is located at
NOAA's headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland and will be filled
through I.M. Systems Group, a firm under contract to NOAA. Please see
the information below for details on the position:
I.M. Systems Group (www.imsg.com <http://www.imsg.com/>), a contractor
to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Silver Spring,
MD, seeks an individual to serve as a Communications and Outreach
Specialist to coordinate and promote coral reef program activities.
This individual will work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration's (NOAA's) Coral Reef Conservation Program
NOAA's CRCP supports effective management and sound science to preserve,
sustain and restore valuable coral reef ecosystems. This position is
with the program's Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management in
Silver Spring, MD.
· Oversee all outreach and communication needs to increase the
visibility of the CRCP;
· Create and disseminate outreach materials such as brochures,
fact sheets, posters, postcards and newsletters, as well as prepare
media packets and press releases as needed;
· Provide communications support for national programs and events;
· Work on various outreach teams within NOAA and the interagency
U.S. Coral Reef Task Force;
· Foster relationships with other government agencies, private
groups and not-for-profit organizations to leverage information and
identify opportunities for collaboration;
· Represent the office in external communications planning and
· Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with several years
experience in a communications/outreach capacity.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Familiarity with a variety of communication strategies and
methods such as developing written materials/briefings, press releases,
web site development, brochure development, layouts, etc.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of
individuals and within teams representing different constituencies.
· Ability to work on multiple projects and shift priorities as
· Familiarity with coral reef and/or other natural resource
management programs is desirable.
*_To Apply_:* Please send your resume in word format to jobs at imsg.com
<mailto:jobs at imsg.com> with the following subject heading:* _NOA07038
-- Communications/Outreach Specialist._ *Along with your resume
submission please include references and some outreach product
examples. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*__*
Steven Thur, Ph.D.
Acting Coral Division Chief
Office of Ocean & Coastal Resource Management
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
N/ORR3, SSMC4, Rm. 10201
1305 East-West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910
email: steven.thur at noaa.gov
phone: 301.713.3155 x147
More information about the Coral-List