[Coral-List] Mini-Symposium on Infectious Diseases on Coral Reefs
kiho at american.edu
Fri Oct 5 10:10:26 EDT 2007
We would like to invite you to participate in Mini-Symposium 7,
"Infectious Diseases on Coral Reefs", being held at the 11th ICRS in
Fort Lauderdale, July 7th-11th 2008. The central topics of Mini-
Symposium are as follows:
1) What is the role of infectious diseases in the ecology of and
evolution in coral reef systems?
2) How do we characterize and monitor disease outbreaks?
3) What is known about the pathogens? Who are the major players and
who are we missing?
4) Which environmental factors influence infectious diseases and by
5) What are the major mechanisms of disease resistance in corals and
how do we measure it?
We welcome abstract submissions on these topics as well as all
aspects of “Diseases on coral reefs”.
When submitting your abstracts, please use the session code: Mini-
Symposium 7. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 November 2007.
For abstract submission, registration, and other information, please
Mini-Symposium 7 > “Diseases on coral reefs”
If you know of anyone who might be interested who might not receive
this notice, please feel free to pass it along. We look forward to
your participation. If you have any questions, please feel free to
Kiho Kim, PhD
Associate Professor & Director of Environmental Studies Program
American University, Hurst Hall 105
Washington DC 20016
kim lab web | environ web | bio web
More information about the Coral-List