[Coral-List] Symbiodinium Cultures

shashank Keshavmurthy iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 22:33:24 EDT 2007

Hi Guys and listers
At present I am trying to get axenic cultures of
Symbiodinium Clade C that are already in culture
and isolated from Acropora formosa in a
high-latitude coral community here in Japan.
When I isolated them from coral tissues, they
were no motile for some  time...but soon (it was
sudden change), i see them in motile stage....it
is possible to get them in to non-motile
stage..and then again to motile stage..i am
working on that part now....or now the technique
is still in preliminary stage..If you want to try
it out...lets discuss...

Cheers
Shashank

"Role of Infinitely Small in Nature is Infinitely Large" - Louis Pasteur
Keshavmurthy Shashank
Research Student, Graduate School of Kuroshio Science
Laboratory of Environmental Conservation
Kochi University, Monobe Campus, B 200
Nankoku, Kochi, 783-8502, Japan
Mobile: 81 08039253889
My WebPage: http://web.mac.com/coralresearch/iWeb/shashank/Welcome.html