[Coral-List] MPA criteria of design

Sophie BRUGNEAUX brugneaux.pibot at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 20 07:02:36 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I will be assisting a workshop focusing on the criteria for marine protected area design in november. This workshop  will take place in France and should help the french government to set up its own strategy for a mpa network design. I started to read recent publications on the subject (especially Roberts et al., 2003 and Halpern, 2002) and I’m wondering how far Roberts’ point of vue on evaluation scheme and main criteria is shared by the community?
Any comments or publications suggestions are welcome

Sophie Brugneaux
Marine biologist
Marine Protected Areas Agency