[Coral-List] CARIBBEAN DOCUMENTARY

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:10:35 EDT 2008

Dear coral listers,
I am in pre-production of a documentary film on Caribbean coral reefs. This is an independent film, meaning I’m on a shoestring budget.
I would like to contact scientists and anybody who started diving/snorkeling in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s and 1980s in the Caribbean. I’m looking for voice and in-camera testimonials of the participants, as well as photography and video for past/present comparisons.
Rather than a scientific review paper format, this film will tell the story of  the Caribbean from the point of view of those who spent time underwater.
If you want to collaborate, you can:
1)      meet with me at ICRS and spend some time talking, and possibly provide an on-camera testimonial or voice testimonial, as well as providing photos, video or other support materials
2)      if you don’t come to ICRS, you can contribute via email, or Skype
3)      if you know of a sponsor who could provide some funds to the project, or in-kind support please, pass the word. (… for example, I don’t own a digital camcorder, so every time I film I have to borrow it..)
Your contribution will be acknowledged at the credits list at the end of the film.
Please, contact me directly at sfrias_torres at hotmail.com,  or by Skype  under sarah.friastorres at mragamericas.com
Thanks
Sarah

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Marine Conservation Biologist
MRAG Americas, St. Petersburg, Florida USA
727-563-9070