[Coral-List] Some more on Springers Open Access Policy

Juan Federico Urich juanurich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 11:51:16 EDT 2008

Hi there Dear listers: Out of a little boldness and some encouragment I want
to say that, Springers open access policy is actually a Non Open Access
Policy. Consequently, I wonder if its not time or is it not proper to have a
similar joint effort, just the same as the one that has sustained well,
alive, and productive the coral list (not just due to NOAA´s continued and
great support), but also from all of you out there, in order to publish an
open access journal on Coral Reefs with the same or higher standards as
Springer´s current Coral Reef publication. I accept Springers Policy based
upon what it is for them a sound business decision,  nevertheless I have an
intuition that probably the time is right for at least one new player to
enter the Coral Reef Knowledge market most surely at reduced marginal costs
and profiting not just the journal but also the readers and above all the
authors... It is simply, sound and fair Capitalism.

Regards to all

Juan
--
MSc. Juan F Urich P