[Coral-List] tropical fish books

bob sluka bobsluka at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:55:54 EST 2008

I spent a number of years IDing reef fish in Maldives and India and found the following books very helpful:

Diver's Guide to Fishes of Maldives by John E. Randall
Photo Guide to Fishes of the Maldives (Springfield Atoll Editions) by Rudie H. Kuiter

   Indian Ocean Reef Guide: Maldives, Sri Lanka, Thailand, South Africa by Helmut Debelius
Marine Fishes of Tropical Australia and South-east Asia: A Field Guide for Anglers and Divers by Gerald R. Allen

Depending on your needs, you may also want to get some of the specialized guides to particular groups of fish that offer worldwide coverage. You can download the FAO guides to groupers, snappers, etc on their website.

I also used many of the books already mentioned in other emails.

Robert Sluka
Millennium Relief & Development Services
http://www.mrds.org/Regions/southasia/india/INDIA.HTM