[Coral-List] Looking for reviews on the energy flow through coral reef ecosystems

John Ogden jogden at marine.usf.edu
Mon Dec 8 10:50:46 EST 2008

Hi Mike:

None of this is recent, but I suggest looking at Caroline Roger's
publications on reef metabolism in Puerto Rico which took off from the
Odum and Odum (1955) upstream-downstream work on Eniwetak.  Also check
the SYMBIOS expedition which re-occupied the Odum's transect in 1971.  I
recall a paper much later in BioScience.  Finally and most obscurely,
there was an ecosystem project planning effort (CITRE, I forget the
acronym) at Glover's Reef, Belize in the early 1970s that failed as a
proposal to NSF, but resulted in an interesting report which somebody on
the list may have access to.

Cheers.