[Coral-List] Questions from the coal face

RainbowWarriorsInternational southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 10:41:48 EST 2008

Dear Chris,

You may want to start with looking at: http://www.reefbase.org/socmon/

In addition there are plenty of resources dealing with quota fishing,
monitored by local communities themselves, both FAO and Greenpeace have
reported on these issues.

You may also look up web sites dealing with ecosystem based management
of coastal resources that deal with this issue. In the Caribbean there
are several areas for which this has been documented, e.g. the
Meso-American Reef.

I have a not updated list of useful portals for all issues related to
integrated coastal zone management and fisheries. I may be able to
update this and send you the list within the next two weeks.

Milton Ponson, President
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
(Rainbow Warriors International) Tel. +297 568 5908
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Email: southern_caribbean at yahoo.com Web Sites: http://www.southerncaribbean..org   http://www.rainbowwarriors.net (Global)
http://www.projectparadigm.info

To unite humanity in a global society dedicated to a sustainable way of life