[Coral-List] NRC's Roger Revelle Lecture Series - Feb. 25, Washington DC

Kiho Kim kiho at american.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:50:35 EST 2008

Dear Colleague,

You are cordially invited to join the Ocean Studies Board for the
Ninth Annual Roger Revelle Commemorative Lecture.  The lecture is free
and open to the public and will take place at 5:30 p.m. on Monday,
February 25 at the Baird Auditorium in the Smithsonian’s National
Museum of Natural History located at 10th Street and Constitution
Avenue.

The Revelle Lecture was created by the Ocean Studies Board in honor of
Dr. Revelle’s contributions to the ocean sciences and his dedication
to making scientific knowledge available to policymakers.  Dr. Michael
H. Freilich, Director of the Earth Science Division at the National
Aeronautics and Space Administration, will be this year's speaker.
The title of his lecture is “Looking Down on the Seas: How Satellites
are Revolutionizing our Understanding of the Ocean”.  Please see the
attached flyer for details.

Thank you for your past support of this activity, and we hope that you
will share this information with your colleagues.  To view additional
information and to register for the event, please go to http://dels.nas.edu/osb/
.

Kiho Kim, PhD
Associate Professor & Director of Environmental Studies Program
American University, Hurst Hall 105
Washington DC 20016-8007
v.202.885.2181, f.202.885.2182
kim lab web | environ web | bio web