[Coral-List] lobster surveys

Sophia Punnett sophiapunnett at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:06:36 EST 2008

Dear all,
Would very much appreciate if anyone could send me or point me in the direction of recent methodologies for spiny lobster surveys. I am currently finalising a Caribbean Spiny lobster visual survey to be complimented by improved biological and catch and effort data collection of fisheries landings. This will be the first lobster survey conducted by the St.Vincent & the Grenadines Fisheries Division, we hope this will give a better idea of abundance and distribution of the species. Would be great to learn from other people's experiences before we begin surveying.
Many thanks,
Sophia

Sophia Punnett
Fisheries Officer (Biology/Research)
Fisheries Division
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
St.Vincent & the Grenadines
tel: 784 456 2738
e-mail sophiapunnett at yahoo.co.uk