[Coral-List] Internships available at DISL

Dottie Byron dbyron at disl.org
Fri Jan 18 10:58:02 EST 2008

The Marine Ecology Lab at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab has 4 (2 summer and
2 fall) internship opportunities available to qualified undergraduates
looking for experience in marine ecology. We are seeking applicants to
help conduct research on several projects being conducted in various
benthic communities along the northern Gulf Coast. Projects focus on
seagrass restoration and monitoring, juvenile snappers and gag grouper
habitat assessment, and ecosystem services of restored oyster reefs in
Mobile Bay.  Research will be based at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and
interns will work closely with Professor Ken Heck.
We are looking for interns for both summer and fall 2008 field seasons.
The duration of the internship is about 3 months.
We are seeking people who are enthusiastic about marine ecology and may
be considering marine science as a career.  Undergraduate juniors and
seniors enrolled in marine programs or with marine experience are
preferred. Graduating seniors are also welcome to apply. This internship
is available only to U.S. citizens.

For more information please visit our website at
http://marineecologylab.disl.org/

--
Dottie Byron, M.S.
Research Technician