[Coral-List] Re. Coral eating tunicate and Bonaire Marine Park

Pete Faulkner petefaulkner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:22:11 EST 2008

Dear Listers

It is a three years since I lasted dived at Bonaire but this morning I had
an email from an American friend of mine who dives there every year. He
commented how this Christmas he noticed a significant increase in the amount
of fishing line entangled in reef and a noticeable decline in grouper
populations.

Hardly scientific data I know, but is this supported by anyone else that has
been diving the area recently? Surprisingly he didn't mention an increase in
tunicate populations as this is exactly the kind of thing he would normally
be fascinated by!

Cheers

Pete Faulkner

--