[Coral-List] Info. on Coral Reefs Task Force in the Indian Ocean?

Mark Eakin Mark.Eakin at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 28 16:29:42 EST 2008

I just heard a presentation last week at the International Coral Reef
Initiative meeting about a new South Asian Coral Reef Task Force.
You can learn more about it at:
http://www.sacep.org/

Of course, there is also the CORDIO program: Coral Reef Degradation
in the Indian Ocean.

Cheers,
Mark

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:36 PM, Ranjeet Bhagooli wrote:

> Dear Coral-list members,
>
> Hope stepping in early 2008 will give us better opportunities to
> help reduce coral reefs degradation worldwide.
>
> Does a coral reefs task force exist in the Indian Ocean, which I
> suppose is one of the most badly affected region? I would like to
> join in!
>
> I would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right contacts.
>
> Thanks.
> Best Wishes,
> Ranjeet Bhagooli (PhD, MIBIOL)
> Lecturer
> Department of BioSciences
> University of Mauritius
> Reduit
> Mauritius
> Ph:+230-4541041 Ext. 1498
> Fax:+230-465-6928
> E-mail: r.bhagooli at uom.ac.mu, rbhagooli at gmail.com
> http://www.geocities.com/coral_scientist/rbhagooli_index.html
>

> --
> Want an e-mail address like mine?
> Get a free e-mail account today at www.mail.com!

------------------------
C. Mark Eakin, Ph.D.
Coordinator, NOAA Coral Reef Watch
Center for Satellite Applications and Research
Satellite Oceanography & Climate Division
e-mail: mark.eakin at noaa.gov
url: coralreefwatch.noaa.gov

E/RA31, SSMC1, Room 5308
1335 East West Highway
Silver Spring, MD 20910-3226
301-713-2857 x109                   Fax: 301-713-3136