[Coral-List] AAUS diver needed

Robbie Smith bermuda1 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 13 17:29:42 EDT 2008

Hello coral list,
It was great to see some many old friends and make many new ones this
past week at the ICRS, it was great meeting!  But I  was unable to
recruit  an AAUS  NITROX diver to help me from July 19 to July 31 for
juvenile corals surveys in the Florida Keys. One of my divers has had
to cancel at the last minute. The project is an assessment of coral
population dynamics in protected and unprotected sites in the lower
and upper Keys that has been ongoing since 1998.  The other
Principal  Investigators are Rich Aronson, John Ogden and Brian
Keller. I hope to have a team of 8 in the water.

I am hoping to recruit a diver from the south Florida area who can
transport themselves down to the Keys. All transportation expenses
will be covered along with food and lodging. I can provide a modest
stipend as well (~$500 per week). If you could only commit  for one
week (July 19 - 26th or July 27 - July 31) please let me know and it
might work out.

If you are interested please contact me ASAP at
biorss at langate.gsu.edu and send a short summary of your dive
qualifications and  research experience, along with contact info for
a science diving referee.

Robbie Smith

Georgia State University