[Coral-List] getting the word out and PSA

Eran Brokovich eran.brokovich at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 12 13:40:48 EDT 2008

Dear all,
I think that Sarah has a very good point (well, a few actually, but I will
consider one),
To take advantage of Airports to spread the word. I would go further and say
to use flights as a way to reach people (if you put it on a screen in a
flight people will watch, they can't escape :o))

I will draw your attention to a program taking place in Hawaii. An award
winning videographer named Ziggy Livnat took upon himself to raise awareness
to the coral reefs. Ziggy recently won a few international prizes for a PSA
on Hawaii coral reefs named "Hawaii reef etiquette PSA". This PSA is now
screened in inbound flights to Hawaii and in the local Aquarium and over 2
million people watch it annually!
The exposure potential is enormous.

These are efforts of one man. You can do it yourselves or ask him to help.
Embrace these methods of mass exposure and reach millions each year.

Ziggy's web site: http://www.forthesea.com/index.html

You can view the PSA there and order it FOR FREE for educational purposes.
I think the ICRS would be a great venue for this PSA and others, the reef
protection needs to go public!

regards

Eran Brokovich

Marine Twilight-zone Research & Exploration

The Interuniversity Institute for Marine Sciences at Eilat
P.O.Box 469 Eilat, Israel 88103
phone (cell): +972-52-6202126